WOW! What a great looking glove, just from looking at the glove, you can tell they're going to fit well and that they are of great qualit. They are nice and simple, the colours are great, the primary colour being a dark blue and the secondary colour being a really nice grey. Another nice touch on the gloves is on the palm side of the glove, where it says "Greatness is within" - that's one thing I really like about Everlast gloves as it's just pretty cool!
So, lets get stuck in with all the positives...
- The gloves are nice and compact and offer a lot of support to the wrist as well
- They fit really snug without wraps and once your wraps are on then they feel great!
- The wrist strap on the glove is only small, but that's good as it is all the glove needs and doesn't leave a big wrist strap flapping around.
- The Everlast Protex 2's are very well put together and look pretty durable
- Also, these gloves are 'EverCool' so that your hands can still 'breathe' whilst in the glove.
- The padding in the glove is well spread out, there is a considerable amount of padding around the metatarsals which is always good for preventing any damage/injury to the hands, the knuckles are well protected and as I said before, there is a good amount of padding and support in the wrist which I really like as the wrist is a very vulnerable part of the fist.
- The gloves design is basic but looks great
- Really nice colours
- Great fitting
- They feel great to punch in
- Give you some re-assurance because you know your hands are well protected
- Everlast is a well respected boxing brand
- They only come in 14oz/16oz
- Limited colours (Blue/Red)
So, really not a lot of negatives to point about out about these gloves! I really liked them and so did a lot of the guys from my gym. My gym is home to World, European, British kickboxing Champions, Team GB squad members, Pro boxer's and Pro MMA fighters and everyone there said how nice they looked and how nice they were to wear. These gloves are definitely comfortable and well constructed, they aren't too bulbous or cumbersome and they are definitely worth the money!
These gloves would be a brilliant purchase for a beginner, these gloves would more than likely last a beginner a long time, but these gloves are also suited to someone who trains a lot and competes often, when you start to get into the Elite side of boxing, these gloves may not be the best as they are Everlast level 2 - Everlast level 3 gloves would probably be better as they describe their level 3 as 'Elite'. However, there are many elite athletes at my gym and they all seemed happy and impressed with them, so these could well be great for elite boxer's too and I wouldn't argue against that!!
Overall, these gloves are fantastic. I was well pleased with them and they exceeded my expectations! I will be using these gloves for bagwork and may even get a pair of 16oz for sparring in. Like the TITLE boxing gloves I reviewed in December last year, they come with a bag to keep the gloves together and clean and tidy which is always a bonus. I'd recommend these gloves to anyone, they originally retail at £49.99, however, Sports Direct sell them for an awesome £24.99! That is definitely worth spending on these gloves and hey, why not get two pairs if you really like them? One for training on the bags and pads and one pair for sparring... Surprisingly good gloves in my opinion.
- Looks: 5/5 - look great and basic, really nice colours.
- Comfort: 4/5 - really comfortable.
- Price: 5/5 - great value for money and well worth it- Durability: 4/5 - haven't had them long enough to tell how durable they really are, but judging on the look of them and because they are a decent pair of Everlast boxing gloves I'd say they are pretty durable!
You can find the gloves here: http://www.sportsdirect.com/everlast-protex-2-training-gloves-762004?colcode=76200418&utm_source=twhite95&utm_medium=product%20review&utm_campaign=Everlast%20Protex%202%20Training%20Gloves
Browse the website to choose your colour and the size you want.
Don't miss this offer guys, well worth it!!