Thursday, 1 August 2013

Analyse this...

I'm going to post the lyrics from two of my favourite songs which I've been listening to a lot recently and that I have also been breaking down and analysing, these songs I feel I can really apply them to my life at the moment and the way I am feeling. This is an active post really as I'm going to ask you to analyse what you think these lyrics may mean in my eyes, or if you'd rather look at these lyrics and see what they may mean and be applied to in your life.

As you may know this is something I do very regularly and each time I listen to a song, I often find with most songs by Oasis that I can relate to them pretty well. Everybody has their own interpretation of the lyrics so there aren't really any right or wrong answers! I first started analysing lyrics after a GCSE English lesson where we were breaking down and analysing poem's, surprisingly I really enjoyed it and so as a result, I have continued that with the songs I listen to and I feel that it has helped me throughout this ongoing journey by helping me express and understand my true feelings.

Song #1 - (Live from the album, 'The Dreams we Have as Children')

'Cast No Shadow'

Here's a thought for every man
Who tries to understand what is in his hands
He walks along the open road of Love & Life
surviving if he can 

Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say
Chained to all the places that he never wished to say
Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say
and as faced the sun he cast no shadow 

As they took his soul they stole his pride
As they took his soul they stole his pride
As they took his soul they stole his pride 

Here's a thought for every man
Who tries to understand what is in his hands
He walks along the open road of Love & Life
surviving if he can 

Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say
Chained to all the places that he never wished to say
Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say
and as faced the sun he cast no shadow 

As they took his soul they stole his pride
As they took his soul they stole his pride
As they took his soul they stole his pride 

And as he faced the sun he cast no shadow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song #2 - (Also live from the album, 'The Dreams we Have as Children')

'Listen Up'

Listen up
What's the time said today
I'm gonna speak my mind
Take me up to the top of the world
I want to see my crime

Day by day
There's a man in a suit
Who's gonna make you pay
For the thoughts that you think
And the words they won't let you say

One fine day
Gonna leave you all behind
It wouldn't be so bad
If I had more time

Sailing down a river alone
I've been tryin' to find my way back home
But I don't believe in magic
Life is automatic
But I don't mind being on my own
No I don't mind being on my own

Listen up
What's the time said today
I'm gonna speak my mind
Take me up to the top of the world
I want to see my crime

Day by day
There's a man in a suit
Who's gonna make you pay
For the thoughts that you think
And the words they won't let you say

One fine day
Gonna leave you all behind
Wouldn't be so bad
If I had more time

Sailing down a river alone
I've been tryin' to find my way back home
But I don't believe in magic
Life is automatic
But I don't mind being on my own
No I don't mind being on my own
No I don't mind being on my own
I said that I don't mind being on my own

Sailing down a river alone
I've been tryin' to find my way back home
But I don't believe in magic
Life is automatic
But I don't mind being on my own
I said that I don't mind being on my own
No I don't mind being on my own
I said that I don't mind being on my own
No I don't mind being on my own
I said that I don't mind being on my own

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy analysing these lyrics and I highly recommend listening to the songs too, in my opinion they both sound amazing from the live album. Seriously give this one a go because it's really helped me and it's also interesting seeing what you get from a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment