Monday, 8 July 2013

The Reality...

This post may upset some readers, but it is something which at the time I felt I needed to write. It is one of the 'articles' from my vision book.


The reality is, it is cancer. You may die. I don't care who you are or how positive and strong you are it will inevitably make you think about dying and yes I have thought about it.I have thought about it and it has made me realise just how special life is, just how important some people are and just how important it is to make the most of life and attempt to fulfil your dreams. The reality is in order to beat this disease and stay as happy as you can throughout the treatment, you need to first of all accept it (cancer itself and the fact that you sadly have it) then accept your mission: to defeat and destroy cancer. Next you have to tell yourself that you are going to win and that you are going to remain positive - there will be tough times, but remember...

"Tough times make Champions of us all."

I am a strong believer that in order to defeat this thing a strong mind is necessary. You cannot allow yourself to crumble or submit - by all means you can cry, scream; shout, but never give up. You can't give up and let this cruel disease take another life, fight it with all you've got.

"Death is a possibility, but never an option."

I know it's not easy, but you have got to stay positive, for the mum, dad, brother, sister, girlfriend, boyfriend, the kids - for YOU! If cancer can't get the better of your mind then it has less chance of getting the better of your body.


My name is Tyler White: Stage 2B Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I lost my hair, my muscles weakened, I put on a lot of weight, I couldn't walk and I lost my dad to the same cancer.
Does any of this stop me or discourage me?
Does any of this stop me from fighting?
No. It doesn't.
This is because I have set and focused all my energy and positivity into getting better and then going out there and chasing and achieving my dreams! 
If I have learnt anything it is to appreciate the decent, kind and caring people in your life and to make the most of the opportunities you get.
One of those opportunities is life itself.


Do something with your life, grow, learn, flourish and achieve. Don't waste the gift, that is: life.


The moral of this post is: throw away any negativity and make the most of your life.

Cross out NEGATIVITY



Tyler White - A.R.D. Training Camp Fighter

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Tyler! This reminded me of a quote: "I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday." :D

    -Kieran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved every word of it! Keep them coming! :-)

    ReplyDelete